"Excellence in HR" Scholarship Program
- Self-identification as African American and/or Black
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area or living in the Atlanta GA area and attending an accredited online college or university
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resources or an HR-related program (such as Business, Organizational Development or Leadership, Labor Relations, etc.)
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one HR management course and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate students must be enrolled in or have completed at least one HR class with at least a 3.50 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
Scholarships will be awarded at our November 2017 scholarship banquet. Winners will receive:
- $1,000 paid directly to YOU!
- Tickets for you and your guest at our annual scholarship banquet
- Free student membership in NAAAHR
- Career management webinar or workshop from Career Spa
- Career coaching by a successful HR executive leader
How To Apply
Complete The Application
- Complete the application form
- Write a 500 word essay on one of the five pre-selected topics
- Get one reference letter from a mentor, professor or community leader, or Human Resources professional
- Provide us a scanned copy of your transcript(s). Scholarship finalists maybe asked to submit an official stamped and sealed transcript(s) as part of the selection process
Submit The Application
Complete the online scholarship package: application, essay, transcripts, and reference letter by midnight on September 29, 2017.
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application package within 48 hours of submission. If you are not notified or should you have questions about the scholarship application process, please contact Leon Staples email@example.com or Ardie Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org.